HomeEntertainment NewsInvestigators make headway in KU suicide attack probe

Investigators make headway in KU suicide attack probe


  • KU reopens for first time after bombing today.
  • LEAs raid house of KU suicide bomber’s father and seize laptops and documents.
  • Interior minister avoids commenting on arrest of bomber’s husband.

KARACHI: A major development occurred in the investigation into the suicide attack on Chinese nationals in Karachi University after law enforcers raided the house of the alleged suicide bomber’s father in Scheme 33, Karachi.

Four people, including three Chinese nationals, were killed and four others sustained injuries in a suicide attack carried out by a burqa-clad woman outside the Confucius Institute in KU’s premises on Tuesday.

Laptops and other evidence, including documents, were taken into custody during the raid.

Sources privy to the matter said movement of a car bearing a government number plate to and from the raided house was observed. 

Meanwhile, the investigators also searched the apartment of the alleged suicide bomber in Gulistan-e-Johar block 13 and sealed it afterwards, the sources said.

They said that the apartment is rented and the bomber had been living there for the last three years.

KU reopens for first time after bombing today

The KU reopened for the first time after the suicide attack today. 

The varsity’s spokesperson said that administrative affairs and the teaching process in the university will continue as usual.

However, the Confucius Institute will remain closed until clearance from the Chinese embassy.

Interior minister avoids commenting on arrest of bomber’s husband

Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah, who visited Karachi after the attack on Wednesday, refrained from commenting on the arrest of suicide bomber’s husband.

The minister neither denied nor confirmed the arrest of Habitan Bashir Baloch, who was staying at a hotel near Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre but had fled long before the attack.

However, the rickshaw driver who transported the bomber inside the university has been caught.

Who was the woman involved in the attack on Chinese nationals?

The woman — who was involved in the Karachi terrorist attack — belonged to a family with an educated background and was pursuing MPhil.

Speaking on Geo News programme ‘Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Kay Sath’, correspondent Wajid Baloch presented analysis and said that the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) Majeed Brigade has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack.

The host went on to say that the organisation has used a female suicide bomber for the first time. Talking about the family of the woman involved, Wajid said her family was unaware of her activities. However, the family confirmed her identity through a picture published by Majeed Brigade.

The woman belonged to Kech District in Balochistan’s Turbat and was married to a doctor. She moved to Karachi along with her husband for higher education and last visited the Kech District at her sister’s wedding. She was also a government teacher.

Wajid further said that several members are government officers. Her father was a registrar at the University of Turbat. 



Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments